Article 1 General
- The CS3PG, represented by its Chairman, acts as the controller of your personal data, which it can obtain (i) directly from you, or (ii) indirectly through third parties, such as your employer, your organization, subcontractors, its partners or its contracting parties.
Article 2 Legal framework
- the Belgian Data Protection Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data (as amended) (the “Privacy Act”); and/or
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”); and/or
- All other applicable legislation regarding the protection of privacy and the processing of personal data;
Article 3 Purpose
- achieve the purpose and exercise its activities or provide direct marketing regarding its activities such as updates, newsletters, direct marketing info brochures, emails, marketing materials, invitations to events such as conferences, exhibitions, launches, seminars and workshops and other information that may be useful to you; and/ or
- execute the contract(s) that have been concluded with you or your employer or organization you are a member of; and/ or
- prospect new partners (e.g. members,); and/ or
- better understand your needs and preferences in order to adjust its services hereto; and/ or
- acquire statistical data; and/ or
- inform third parties (e.g. subcontractors, partners or contracting parties); and/ or
- comply with applicable legislation.
Article 4 Legal basis and applicability
- CS3PG has the following legal grounds for the processing of personal data:
- your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent to CS3PG to process your personal data. You can give your consent by any means, such as, but not limited to mail, email, an online or offline consent form, a membership form; and/or
- the contract or membership agreement you have entered into with CS3PG regarding one of its activities or a legal obligation; and/ or a legitimate interest of CS3PG.
- Providing your personal data to CS3PG implies that you:
- As a consequence, you expressly grant CS3PG permission to use your personal data to accomplish the Purpose set out under article 3.
Article 5 Personal data
- The personal data CS3PG can process are, i.e.: first name, name, address, email address, phone number, profession, and function within your organization.
Article 6 Transfer of personal data to third parties
- CS3PG guarantees it does not transfer your personal data to third parties, unless:
- There is a legal obligation to transfer the personal data;
- To its members or contracting parties for the achievement of the Purpose;
- CS3PG has a legitimate interest to do so.
- Third parties to whom CS3PG may, or is obliged to, transfer personal data on the basis of the above categories, can be located within or outside the European Union.
Article 7 Storage period
- CS3PG stores the personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve the Purpose.
Article 8 Your rights
- The Privacy Legislation provides you with a number of rights in relation to your personal data. You have the right, free of charge:
- to have access to and receive a copy of your personal data;
- to have your personal data corrected in case errors would occur;
- to have your personal data erased in case:
- your personal data are no longer necessary to achieve the Purpose;
- you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing of the personal data;
- you object to the processing of the personal data and there is no other legal ground for the processing of the personal data;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- there is a legal obligation to erase the personal data;
- to have the processing of your personal data restricted;
- to have your personal data transferred to a third party;
- to object against the processing of your personal data, in particular the processing in light of direct marketing purposes;
- to withdraw your consent pursuant to which CS3PG is allowed to process your personal data;
- to lodge a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy (“Privacy Commission”) if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data breaches the Privacy Legislation.
- In case you want to exercise the above rights, and provided you prove your identity, you can send a written, dated and signed request by mail to CS3PG Secretariat, to email@example.com
Article 9 Security
- CS3PG commits to take (or have) all reasonable measures (taken) to its best ability to safeguard the protection of the personal data through technical safety measures.
Article 10 Liability
- CS3PG can solely be held accountable for damages which directly result from the processing of your personal data due to a fault or negligence. In any event, CS3PG cannot be held liable: (i) in circumstances of force majeure and/or (ii) for any indirect or consequential damage and/or (iii) for damages that result from errors, faults or negligence by you or third parties.
Article 11 Applicable law and competent court
- You agree that all disputes between you and CS3PG regarding personal data and privacy issues, are exclusively subject to Belgian law, excluding any conflict of law principles.
- Every dispute regarding personal data and privacy issues belongs to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French speaking courts of Brussels, Belgium, excluding any other court.